Today we’re making walnut panko baked goat cheese balls! those honey drizzled crispy goat cheese bites are baked instead of fried and make a gorgeous appetizer and salad topper!
It’s certainly one of my preferred cheeses this time of 12 months since i will roll it into logs crowned with cranberries, walnuts, and pecans, stuff it into mushrooms drizzled with balsamic glaze, pipe it into tomatoes, and so. a lot. greater.
This creamy, dreamy, cheese is loopy flavorful and best for the appetizer-palooza that’s approximately to occur.
There are a few tasty approaches you can serve these baked goat cheese balls.
You may additionally serve them on a cheese board with an collection of sliced cheeses, charcuterie, fresh fruit, and greens with crackers, flatbreads, and crusty bread.
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup Italian panko breadcrumbs (panko with Italian blend seasoning mixed in)
- 2 eggs
- 2 (8 oz) goat cheese logs
- honey for drizzling
- spray olive oil as needed
- parchment paper
- large baking sheet
- wire cooling rack (optional)
- Reduce goat cheese logs into eight-12 portions every (16-24 total) and roll into balls.
- Finely chop and overwhelm your walnuts until it resembles a coarse flour. you can do that with a rolling pin or wine bottle and a plastic bag or use a meals processor to mince 'em up.
- Combine walnuts with panko in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl and whisk nicely.
- running one after the other, dip the goat cheese balls into the whisked egg then into the panko bowl. Roll/sprinkle until coated on all sides.
- Place panko goat cheese balls spaced on a parchment paper covered baking sheet or plate and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Whilst you're equipped to bake, preheat oven to 465 levels F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. area the goat cheese balls on top of the parchment and spray with olive oil. this can assist them get crispy and golden.
- Vicinity at the center rack and bake for 8 mins. depending for your oven's performance, take a look at the balls on the 6-minute mark and hold a watch on them to save you burning.
- As soon as sparkling from the oven use a spatula to transfer to a plate or reducing board to chill. Leaving them on the new baking sheet could make them soften. you can additionally attempt to carry the entire sheet of parchment and vicinity on top of a cooling rack. They’ll slide around a bit whilst lifted, however with care the entire tray can be transferred crazy short this manner!
- Allow to chill barely, then drizzle with honey before serving. experience as part of a tasty appetizer spread or along with your favorite salad!