These exquisite Coconut Flour Cookies are precisely what you expect from a amazing cookie: crisp edges, chewy facilities and loaded with chocolate. however these are genuinely gluten unfastened, easy ingesting, paleo, with even a vegan alternative.
The use of coconut flour is pretty problematic as it behaves pretty one of a kind from wheat flour and even every other gluten loose flour. it's far hygroscopic – that means that it absorbs a lot of moisture.
However actually including plenty of liquid like water or milk doesn’t paintings, because the baked precise will come to be with no structure. In my coconut flour quick bread recipes like truffles and bread, I used eggs and oil to meet the coconut flours want for moisture additionally giving the baked deal with shape.
But, eggs additionally make for a fluffy, light texture which I didn’t need for those cookies. i am looking for wet, chewy and crispy.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1/3 cup unsalted nut or seed butter peanut, almond, sunflower seed*, or sesame butter (tahini)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or unrefined brown sugar or monk fruit sugar substitute***
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut flour spooned into the measuring cup (don't dip & sweep)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt more for sprinkling (optional)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a baking mat.
- In a huge bowl mix melted coconut oil, nut butter, and coconut sugar with an electric powered mixer until nicely blended. upload the egg and vanilla and blend once more.
- Add coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt. mix in with a spatula or timber spoon. sooner or later stir within the chocolate chips.
- Shape 16 small cookies (1 tablespoon dough) or 8-10 large cookies (~2 tablespoons dough) with a cookie scoop and place them at the baking sheet.
- Flatten each dough ball and add a pair more chocolate chips and optionally a touch of coarse sea salt
- Bake the cookies till the facilities are just set - about 10 minutes for the small size or 12 mins for the bigger sized cookies.
- Permit the cookies cool on a baking sheet for 10 minutes, than pass to a twine rack to let them cool completely.
- As soon as fully cooled, keep the cookies in an airtight box at room temperature for 3-4 days.