Crock Pot Bourbon fowl is straightforward and scrumptious! tender juicy chook is cooked in a wealthy bourbon ginger sauce for a scrumptious meal.
This dish is absolutely delicious! This recipe creates a sweet and soft chicken that is best served over rice and it’s clean to make at home within the slow cooker!
The marinade for this Bourbon chook recipe takes only some mins of prep the marinade and then it simmers in the sluggish cooker all day! The result is insanely gentle bird with a sweet Asian inspired sauce and plenty of taste! We serve this over rice to soak up all the scrumptious sauce!
A few notes about this recipe this dish is nice as Bourbon chicken is a candy dish (similar to candy and sour). Do now not use light soy sauce, the outcomes and taste are not the identical. bird thighs are nice on this recipe as they gained’t dry out like gradual cooked hen breasts sometimes do!
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Blend all sauce elements in a small bowl.
- Location chook in slow cooker, pour sauce over top. cowl and cook on low 6-7 hours or on high 3 hours.
- Dispose of bird and chop into chew sized pieces and cowl to maintain warm.
- In the meantime, integrate 3 tablespoons water with cornstarch. turn sluggish cooker as much as excessive. Whisk cornstarch slurry into the sauce. cover and allow to thicken, stirring every now and then (approximately 10 minutes). Stir hen lower back into the sauce and upload in inexperienced onions.
- Serve over rice.