Get all and sundry into the holiday spirit with Eggnog French Toast! Seasonal flavors put a festive twist on conventional french toast for a easy yet decadent vacation breakfast.
It’s attending to be that time of the 12 months whilst the whole thing receives a little more decadent. we find ourselves indulging in all of the treats that appear throughout the vacation season Cookies, pies, and eggnog.
It turns out that eggnog isn't always just for sipping Eggnog provides first-rate flavor to ordinary breakfast items like French Toast and Baked Eggnog Donuts! The richness of the eggnog makes it the best substitution for heavy cream the factor that makes French toast so scrumptious.
This Eggnog French Toast is exquisite smooth to prepare and the flavors of cinnamon and nutmeg make it a exceptional dish to serve to visitors during the vacation season and on Christmas morning. This recipe gets all and sundry inside the vacation spirit!
- 1 loaf hearty bread like challah or brioche
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg plus more for garnish freshly grated if possible
- 4 Tbsp. butter or ghee
- Maple syrup optional
- Reduce a loaf of bread into thick slices.
- Crack five eggs into a mixing bowl and add 1 half of cups eggnog. Whisk in 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 2 tsp. cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp. nutmeg. Stir all components until combined.
- Region 1/2 of the bread in a shallow baking dish or big bowl. Pour half of of the egg combination over bread and turn each piece over until it is absolutely coated.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium-low. add 1 Tbsp. of butter or ghee and allow to soften completely. upload as many portions of bread as will match within the pan. Toast till golden brown. turn and repeat on the second one side of the bread.
- Once the bread is toasted on each aspects put off and set apart. melt another Tbsp. of butter and repeat with every other batch of bread. preserve this manner of soaking bread and frying until all the bread is toasted.
- Serve Eggnog French Toast with warm maple syrup and a dusting of nutmeg (freshly grated if feasible).