Chewy and delicious homemade Garlic Knots! It doesn’t get extra delicious than this.
This recipe requires bread flour. Bread flour is a excessive-gluten flour that has a tiny amount of barley flour and nutrition C introduced. The barley flour facilitates the yeast spark off, and the nutrition C increases the pliancy of the gluten and its capacity to maintain fuel as the dough rises and bakes. Bread flour is commonly utilized in pizza crust and garlic knot recipes because of the chewiness that the extra gluten offers. I did check this recipe with all-cause flour and sadly the consequences have been tough, dry, and fully disappointing.
If you’re in a time crunch, I recommend making the dough beforehand of time and freezing it. Then simply thaw and keep with the following steps as directed within the recipe. I usually hold a batch of this dough hidden in the returned of my freezer for whilst a garlic knot craving strikes!
These garlic knots are incredible scrumptious on their own particularly directly from the oven however also move extraordinary with a aspect of marinara sauce. you can take a look at out my homemade marinara sauce here.
For the dough:
- 3 and 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water, 110 - 115 degrees (F)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
For the garlic coating:
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
For the dough:
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook upload the bread flour, sugar, yeast and salt; gently whisk to mix. turn mixer on low speed and add the nice and cozy water and a pair of tablespoons of the olive oil; beat till the dough bureaucracy a ball across the hook. If the dough is exquisite sticky, upload additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a stable ball. If the dough is too dry, add extra water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Scrape the dough onto a gently floured floor and gently knead right into a easy, company ball.
- Grease a big bowl with the closing 2 teaspoons olive oil. add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and location the bowl in a heat location to upward push for 90 mins, or till it has doubled in size.
- flip the dough out onto a gently floured floor and divide it into 2 same pieces. location each round of dough onto a chunk plastic wrap and let them relaxation for 10 mins. dust the top of every round of dough with a light sprinkling of flour and, using a sharp knife, slice each into quarters. Press every quarter right into a rectangle, then slice in half again. You should have 16 portions of dough. dirt every piece with a touch flour and speedy shape into character balls. Roll out each ball into an extended rope then tie it into a knot. vicinity the knots at the prepared baking sheet, included loosely with plastic wrap, and set apart for half-hour.The knots will upward thrust a little greater at some point of this time.
- Preheat oven to 450 ranges (F). when the 30 minutes are up, dispose of the plastic wrap and location the garlic knots within the preheated oven. Bake for 20 mins, or till knots are golden brown and firm.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then brush the freshly baked knots with the garlic coating. Sprinkle with cheese and serve heat!
- For the garlic coating:
- soften the butter in a small pan over medium-low warmth. add within the garlic and simmer for 1-2 mins, or until aromatic (make certain now not to over prepare dinner it here). add in the parsley and garlic salt and stir to combine. taste to season (upload extra salt, if needed), then eliminate from warmness. Set aside until needed.