This Braised pork is pure comfort in a bowl and one in all my favorite casserole dishes.
Low Syn Braised red meat is scrumptious, filling and flavoursome. soft pieces of beef within the maximum first-rate gravy sauce that you'll need to ladle up with a spoon, my kids like it, we all love it.
It’s one of those varieties of dishes that flavor even higher on the second day, so i love trying to keep at the least one serving for lunch tomorrow yum!!
- 800g (28oz) of stewing steak/beef (all visible fat removed)
- 1 large red onion (halved and sliced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed and chopped finely)
- 2 large carrots (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2.5 cups/600ml of beef stock
- couple of sprigs of fresh thyme (or use a sprinkle of dried if you have not got fresh to hand)
- a splash of balsamic vinegar
- cooking oil spray
- 2 tablespoon of cornstarch (3 syns) - *can substitute with tapioca or arrowroot powder
- salt and pepper to season
- freshly chopped parsley
- Spray a large pot with cooking oil spray, vicinity over a medium high warmness, brown the pork and then set aside.
- lessen the heat barely and add onion, garlic and carrot and cook dinner for approx 5 mins until softened (you can need to add a bit of the inventory to the pan if it begins to stick)
- add the inventory, and splash of balsamic vinegar. mix the starch of preference with a touch bloodless water right into a paste and upload this into the stock.
- return the meat to the casserole dish and add the sparkling thyme and tomato paste
- convey to the boil and then cowl and simmer for approx 1.5-2 hours till meat is soft and sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper and stir via fresh chopped parsley
- Serve with your choice of facet and experience!!
- Set instant Pot to saute mode and spray pot with cooking oil spray, once it presentations "hot" upload the pork to brown after which put off and set apart.
- upload the onion, garlic and carrot and prepare dinner for approx 5 minutes until softened (you could need to feature a little of the stock to the pan to deglaze if it starts to stick.
- Pour in the inventory, and splash of balsamic vinegar, return the beef to the pot and add the sparkling thyme and tomato paste
- Set to manual mode (high stress) and a cooking time of 30 mins.
- once it finishes cooking permit strain to launch evidently for approximately 10 mins and then launch any last stress.
- mix the cornstarch with a touch water and stir right into a paste.
- Set on the spot Pot to saute mode upload the cornstarch slurry and stir until thickened.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper and stir through chopped parsley.
- Serve together with your desire of side and enjoy!!
- Follow steps 1-three for range top method
- upload to a sluggish cooker and prepare dinner for eight hours on low or 4-6 hours on high.
- mix the cornstarch with a bit water and stir in to the casserole for the remaining hour of cooking time to thicken.
- Season as needed with salt and pepper and stir via parsley previous to serving.
- Serve together with your preference of aspects and enjoy!!