These Southwest hen Meal Prep Bowls are the very fine way to kick off ! complete of wholesome fat, carbs and protein this is not your average boring table lunch!
Those are Southwest chook Meal Prep Bowls. And they're thoughts-blowing. For numerous reasons.
It was fantastically pro from the internal out! Even my husband observed the difference! For me, I placed my chook breast in glass tupperware, used about 1-1.five tsps of salt on the bird and rubbed it in. region it in with a lid inside the refrigerator in a single day.
I genuinely hope you men sincerely experience these Southwest hen Meal Prep Bowls! They’re ideal for meal prep at work, lunch or dinner at home! Cheers to delicious meals!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Southwestern Seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- crack of fresh pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Salsa Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup easy homemade salsa (or jarred salsa)
- Meal Prep Bowl Garnishes
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (stems and all)
- 1 14 oz. can of whole kernel corn
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- The night before you're making your chicken, season it with 1 tsp of salt via rubbing it into the bird. area in glass tupperware overnight.
- tomorrow, dice your onion and cilantro. Set apart. Open your jar of corn and pour right into a bowl. Set this aside additionally. cut your avocado in 1/2, and then into big thick slices.
- subsequent, make your salsa! you can both make my smooth homemade Salsa (which i'll link underneath) or you could just forget this step and used jarred salsa rather.
- carry 2 cups of water, 1 cup of quinoa and 1 tsp of salt to boil in a medium pot. once boiling, reduce heat to low and permit prepare dinner for 15 mins. Take off the warmth and let sit down for 3 minutes. Fluff with a fork. To the quinoa, upload half cup of the sparkling salsa. flavor and adjust for salt if wished
- at the same time as your quinoa is cooking, speedy stir collectively your spices and make your southwestern seasoning in a small bowl. Sprinkle the southwestern seasoning evenly on each facets of bird, rubbing it in together with your hands.
- In a non-stick frying pan on medium warmth, upload olive oil and let it warmness up. as soon as your oil is hot, add your chicken. cook for 5-6 minutes on each aspect or until carried out. Use a meat thermometer or reduce open hen to make sure it’s absolutely cooked. once executed, I sliced mine in half of to divide it among meals.
Assembling your Southwestern chicken Bowls
- Add your quinoa to the bowl first (I brought approximately 1/3 of a cup), accompanied by way of the corn (1/3 of cup) and about 1/four cup of red onion. add 3-four slices of avocado. add half of the cooked chicken breast. Garnish with a squeeze of lime, greater salsa and chopped cilantro! revel in!