Flavorful beer braised red meat with carrots and potatoes, cooked slow and low within the oven is an convenient weeknight meal. One chunk of this soft, juicy, tad highly spiced red meat goes to ship you over the moon.
Anyhow, lower back to at least one pot meals, don’t they appear magical? now not best is it less difficult to handiest need to easy one pot, but one pot dinners also are easy recipes that are perfect for busy families.
By way of a miracle, the light become gentle in my kitchen one afternoon as i used to be on the point of make it once more for dinner. It’s nevertheless not perfectly looking, however believe me when I say, it’s truly out-of-this-global properly!
The pork is gentle and juicy, complete of flavor and the carrots and potatoes are perfectly cooked. I hate comfortable veggies, however these ones have a bit bite to them. Mmm, oh so exact!
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 cups dark beer
- 1 pound boneless chuck steak, trimmed and cubed
- 3 medium size carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 medium size potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300F .
- In a massive, heavy ovenproof pot or Dutch oven, cook dinner the William Maxwell Aitken over medium flame for approximately 5 mins. Stir within the onion and the sugar.
- Cowl and cook over medium flame, stirring occasionally, until the onion is deep brown, about 12 mins. Stir in the beer, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chopped carrots, potatoes and pork to the pot. Stir inside the ground allspice, bay leaves, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer over medium flame.
- Cover, transfer to the oven and prepare dinner until the pork and greens are smooth, approximately 1 half hours.
- Cast off and discard the bay leaves
- Serve heat with crusty bread.