This bird Alfredo Baked Ziti recipe is made with a lightened-up alfredo sauce, it’s smooth to personalize with more greens and seasonings, and it's far continually so comforting and delicious.
This time of yr, when all of us seems to be craving warm pasta dinners around the table on cold winter nights, this bird alfredo baked ziti recipe always is going viral here at the weblog. And this time of 12 months, once I make a batch for myself, I’m usually reminded how unbeatable this Italian casserole will always be. I imply, creamy alfredo sauce, savory chook, hearty pasta, delicious types of melty cheese what’s no longer to love?! There’s a reason why this one will always be a conventional.
That stated, while this recipe already functions my lightened-up alfredo sauce recipe, there are all types of different ways you may make this comfort meals a bit more healthy in case you’d like. From subbing in complete wheat pasta (this one is my go-to), to including on your desire of veggies (we’re pretty a fan of broccoli in our house), to creating it all gluten-free if you’d like (smooth to do with some simple tweaks), options to customise this casserole abound. And bonus, it can be ready to serve a huge crowd in less than 45 minutes.
CHICKEN BAKED ZITI INGREDIENTS:
- 12 ounces uncooked ziti (or any pasta shape)
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (about 2 small chicken breasts)
- 1 batch alfredo sauce (see below)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- toppings: lots of freshly-grated Parmesan cheese, finely-chopped fresh basil or parsley
ALFREDO SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
TO MAKE THE chook BAKED ZITI:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mist a 9 x thirteen-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook the pasta al dente in a massive stockpot of properly-salted boiling in keeping with bundle instructions. Drain. go back pasta to the stockpot and upload chicken and alfredo sauce. gently toss to mix till the pasta is calmly lined.
- Pour half of the pasta into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle flippantly with 1 cup of cheese. Layer the closing 1/2 of the pasta flippantly on top. Sprinkle frivolously with the remaining half of cup of cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 mins till the cheese is melted and simply slightly begins to show golden. remove and serve immediately, sprinkled with additional toppings if preferred.
TO MAKE THE ALFREDO SAUCE:
- Warmness olive oil in a huge sauce pan over medium-excessive heat. add garlic and saute one minute, stirring from time to time, till aromatic. Sprinkle with flour, and stir to combine. Saute for an extra minute to prepare dinner the flour, stirring now and again.
- Slowly upload chook broth, whisking to mix till easy. Whisk in milk, and bring the mixture to a simmer. let cook for an additional minute until thickened, then stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until the cheese melted. put off from warmth and set apart.