Do you ever take a look at your lifestyles and marvel just how you came to be where you are nowadays?
I had one of these moments inside the kitchen this past week whilst i used to be making this bird parmesan baked ziti.
Oh sure. back then, this is what I taken into consideration a fancy domestic-cooked meal.
Nicely, if we sincerely felt like going fancy and had some dollars to spare, my roommates and i'd toss in some pepperoni or perhaps a number of the powdered Parmesan we saved within the refrigerator. however most nights, it become simple pasta + sauce + cheese, and that turned into a massive step up from what turned into being served within the cafeteria. And once it came out of the oven.
So today I’m sharing with you a contemporary recipe mashup I made for a few friends. It’s all the goodness of fowl parmesan, become a baked ziti dish. I call it…(prepare yourself for the brilliance of the call).
- 12 ounces DeLallo penne ziti (or any pasta shape)
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (about 2 small chicken breasts)
- 1 (25 ounce) jar DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Tomato-Basil Sauce (pasta sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I used 2% low fat)
- 1/3 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 stages F.
- Cook the pasta al dente in a large stockpot of generously-salted boiling in line with bundle instructions. Drain. return pasta to the stockpot and upload chicken and tomato sauce. gently toss to mix till the pasta is calmly lined.
- Pour 1/2 of the pasta into a greased 11×7-inch or 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, half of of the Parmesan cheese and half of of the basil. Layer the last 1/2 of the pasta evenly on pinnacle. Sprinkle flippantly with the closing half of cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until the cheese is melted and just barely starts offevolved to turn golden. dispose of and sprinkle right now with the closing Parmesan cheese and clean basil. Serve heat.