Mozzarella stuffed Meatballs are a amusing twist at the traditional recipe – serve those meatballs as a celebration appetizer or over a big plate of spaghetti for a hearty meal!
I make those meatballs with lean ground red meat. I commonly use the ninety% lean floor beef, although floor turkey might also paintings well. the meat is blended with breadcrumbs, egg and seasonings and then wrapped round cubes of mozzarella cheese. I choose to make those meatballs on the bigger size, approximately 2 inches in diameter. if you’d like to move smaller on the meatballs, simply reduce your cheese into smaller cubes and take a few minutes off the cook dinner time.
I like to broil my meatballs; it makes use of manner much less oil than cooking meatballs in a pan and you can cook dinner big batches at a time. I frequently make a double batch of these meatballs and freeze 1/2 the cooked meatballs for a later date. I commonly use a excessive first-rate jarred marinara sauce on top of my meatballs, but you can clearly make your very own sauce in case you choose.
You can serve these meatballs as an appetizer, with spaghetti, or as a pizza topping, and they also make an splendid meatball sub sandwich. regardless of the way you serve them, those meatballs are certain to be a success!
- 1 and ½ pounds ground beef (85-90% lean)
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 3 cups marinara sauce (homemade or store bought), warmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- cooking spray
- Preheat the broiler. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Vicinity the beef, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, egg and water in a bowl; mix till very well combined. you may need to feature extra water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to get a smooth aggregate.
- Take approximately 2 tablespoons of the meat aggregate and roll it right into a ball. Press a dice of cheese into the ball of meat, ensuring that the beef completely surrounds the cheese. region the meatball on the sheet pan and repeat with closing meat and cheese.
- Spray the tops of the meatballs with cooking spray. Broil for 10 mins or till meatballs are simply achieved - do now not overcook or the cheese filling may additionally start to spill out.
- Place the meatballs on a plate and pour the marinara sauce over the pinnacle, Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.