I had by no means in reality understood the hype around the whole grain and brushed past it at my neighborhood grocery store searching for brown rice, whole wheat pasta, oatmeal, or, who am I kidding here, Cheez-Its.
It was truely my older sister who brought me to the pinhead-sized grain, and that i’ve been hooked ever due to the fact.
despite the fact that she makes use of it in area of pasta to pair together with her home made arrabiata sauce, i found a summer time-pleasant take offering clean corn, chopped scallions and a short-restore honey butter dressing. It’s fresh, easy and tough to paste to just one serving. And cooking quinoa is less complicated than you would possibly think!
Even as you get that pot of water boiling, stay up to date with only a few notes on what’s being served up next on.
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 4 scallions, chopped
- Place the corn in a big pot and fill it with sufficient water to cowl the corn. cowl the pot and produce it to a boil. As quickly because the water comes to a boil, flip off the warmth and let the pot stand, covered, for five minutes.
- Put off the corn from the pot and let it cool on a cutting board till it is smooth to deal with. Then, using a sharp knife, reduce the kernels off the cob.
- Put together the dressing by whisking together the lemon zest, lemon juice, melted butter, honey, salt and pepper in a huge bowl.
- Rinse the raw quinoa in a sieve below bloodless water until the water runs clear.
- Cook the quinoa in a pot of of boiling salted water in step with the package deal guidelines.
- Upload the quinoa, corn kernels and chopped scallions to the bowl with the dressing and toss till it is flippantly lined. Season with salt and pepper and serve.