Grilled, charred corn is paired with spiraled zucchini, crisp crimson onion and tossed with a easy chili lime vinaigrette for a sparkling, make in advance, summer time salad!
It should be mandatory that each meal must be made at the grill during the spring and summer season months. And while we are at it, let’s throw fall in there as well for correct success.
The popping of the charcoal, the sizzling sound of the meat because it cooks to juicy perfection; all of it just makes for one glad girl. And one satisfied fiancé, as he deems himself the king of the grill.
That is one region i'm satisfied to hand over. Kinda ironic as i am the chef on this duo but I balk on the thought of grilling.
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized with the smallest blade
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- optional: queso fresco or cojita
- salt and pepper to season corn
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Put together grill.
- Pull husks down on corn. spray with non-stick cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill till slightly charred.
- In the meantime prepare French dressing; combine all elements and mix properly. toss with zucchini noodles, crimson onion and cheese, if using.
- Whilst corn is completed and cooled slightly. reduce kernels off. top salad with corn and serve!