Those clean Vegan Magic Cookie Bars are twice as enchanted, made without sweetened condensed but nonetheless all the identical delicious candy layers!
However this time I’m now not simply making it up, the phrase magic is actually a part of the legitimate identify of those bars. although my model might as nicely be referred to as Magical Magic Cookie Bars due to the fact they have got a fruity mystery component that makes them simpler and more healthy and sweetened condensed milk loose.
It begins with a buttery crust (generally graham cracker). The crust is topped with chocolate chips + chopped nuts + shredded coconut. Then all of that goodness is drowned with sweetened condensed milk and baked so the whole lot mixes and melts after which units in an nearly cream-cheese-brownie-like top layer. Oh and let’s now not forget approximately the browning/caramelization that takes place on top thanks to the sweetened a part of condensed milk.
They are intended to be definitely rich and gooey–the magic component possibly relating to how easy however decadent they're.
So taking that delicious concept I placed a more healthy vegan spin on it with a few minor element swaps and one huge fruity twist!
OAT CRUST OPTION
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
ALMOND CRUST OPTION (GRAIN-FREE)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts ((I used pecans, but any will work))
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- For the oat crust, mixture the oats on low velocity to interrupt into small pieces. Slowly pour in the maple syrup with the blender on until it clumps to shape a sticky chunky texture.
- For the almond crust, integrate the almond flour and maple syrup in a bowl. mix to create a sticky and clumpy dough that holds collectively while pressed. add 1 tbsp water if it seems too dry.
- Press the crust right into a baking dish covered with parchment paper (mine turned into 8×4″). Bake for 15 mins at 350F. get rid of from the oven and cool for at the least 15 mins.
- While the crust is cooling, combination the bananas until smooth.
- Pour the banana puree on pinnacle of the crust.
- Sprinkle at the chocolate chips, nuts, and coconut. lightly press down until the banana puree rises up covering the whole thing.
- Bake for 40 mins at 350F.
- Cool then kick back overnight.
- The next day, slice and experience! keep leftovers within the fridge.