This clean bird burrito skillet cooks in one pan on the stove top. Your favored burrito components are cooked up in a single skillet pan. smooth chunked fowl, cheese, rice, beans, and seasonings simmer and cook dinner to perfection in only 30 minutes!
Welcome to certainly one of my own family’s favorite dinners. This chook burrito skillet is a brief and smooth 30 minute dinner that has all your favorites of a burrito without the tortilla.
We like this served with sour cream and avocado and we also dip chips in it. you can serve it internal tortillas and roll it up burrito fashion. Or serve over a few shredded lettuce for burrito bowl style.
I used to be absolutely not looking ahead to an awful lot from this chicken burrito skillet but i was very surprised and satisfied with how scrumptious it became and the way nicely all of it cooked together. And who can face up to that melty cheese on pinnacle?!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1" chunks)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomaotes, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- green onion, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, avocado
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the bird pieces. Toss to coat.
- In a massive skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-excessive warmth; sauté fowl until not purple and slightly browned, about 5 mins. remove hen from pan. The bird does now not want to be absolutely cooked thru but it should be cooked most the manner (it'll look cooked).
- In identical pan, warmth last 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high warmness; sauté rice until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes (watch cautiously so it might not burn).
- Stir in beans, canned tomatoes, seasonings and broth; bring to a boil. place hen on pinnacle (DO now not stir into rice aggregate). flip heat all the way down to medium-low warmness and allow simmer, blanketed, till rice is tender and chook is no longer purple, about 20 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Dispose of from heat. Sprinkle with cheese. let stand, included, until cheese is melted. Serve with all your preferred burrito toppings, flour tortillas, or over shredded lettuce.