This easy and scrumptious Italian Sausage and Peppers recipe is a breeze to whip up for a own family meal. It’s a conventional meal that never receives old. Serve it over rice or pasta or stuff it into hoagie rolls for a filling dinner the complete own family will experience.
Flavorful chunks of Italian sausage are mixed with diced tomatoes, garlic, oregano, basil, masses of purple and green bell pepper and onion. It’s a comforting meal however mild sufficient to be enjoyed on a warm summer season day.
For this Italian Sausage and Peppers recipe I used Johnsonville herbal Italian Sausage. Johnsonville Naturals is a brand new product line that no longer simplest includes Italian Sausage, but 3 flavors of bratwurst too: White Cheddar, Jalapeno Cheddar, and Andouille.
Johnsonville Naturals have the incredible flavor you understand and love Johnsonville Sausage for, however with a short element list. They haven't any MSG added, zero grams trans fat, no fillers, and are gluten free.
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 package Johnsonville Naturals Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Upload vegetable oil to a large pan and warmth over medium-excessive warmness. add sausages and cook dinner till browned on all sides. eliminate sausage from pan and set apart (be aware: You do now not want to cook dinner it via at this point.)
- Add onion and peppers to grease left in pan and prepare dinner over medium warmth till softened. upload garlic and prepare dinner for 1 minute.
- Slice sausage into 1 to 1 1/2-inch portions.
- return sausage to pan together with all other components.
- Cook dinner for 5 to 10 mins, till sausage is cooked via and sauce is thickened.
- Serve on hoagie rolls if desired.