If you like Italian sausage, you’ll love this Low-Carb Breakfast Casserole with Italian Sausage, Mushrooms, and Cheese! This tasty low-carb breakfast is also low-glycemic and gluten-unfastened, and may be Keto or South seaside diet pleasant. Use the weight-reduction plan-kind Index to discover greater recipes like this.
And YUM! I’m so satisfied I had the slightly loopy idea of setting turkey Italian sausage into a breakfast casserole. This recipe has fewer eggs than a lot of my low-carb breakfast casseroles, letting the flavors of the Italian sausage and mushrooms virtually shine.
I exploit Jenni-O Turkey Italian Sausage, my favorite sausage for low-carb recipes with Italian sausage, and in case you use that and use low-fat cheese this low-carb dish can also be South seashore diet friendly.
In case you’d want to make a model that’s Keto, just use beef Italian Sausage and complete-fat cheese. this may be scrumptious both way you're making it, and if you’re an Italian sausage fan like i am, it just would possibly come to be one of those breakfasts you make over and over!
- 5 links (19.5 oz.) uncooked turkey or pork Italian sausage
- 2 tsp. olive oil + 2 tsp. olive oil (more or less, depending on your pan)
- 1 lb. sliced mushrooms (pre-sliced mushrooms make it easy, but rinse them before you slice if you’re not using those)
- 2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese (pizza cheese that’s a blend of Mozzarella, Provolone, Romano, and Parmesan is also good in this)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions, plus more to sprinkle over the top (optional but good)
- 1 cup cottage cheese, rinsed and drained
- 10 eggs, beaten until whites and yolks are well combined
- 1 tsp. Spike seasoning (optional but recommended, can also use any other spice blend you like with eggs)
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Spray a massive casserole dish (about 9″ x 13″) with non-stick spray.
- Add 2 tsp. olive oil to a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, squeeze turkey Italian sausage out of casings, and cook till sausage is achieved and beginning to brown, about five minutes. I used the pointy aspect of a metallic turner to break the sausage aside because it cooked. while sausage is finished, unfold out in a layer inside the casserole dish.
- Wash mushrooms if wished, spin or pat dry, and slice (or use pre-sliced mushrooms). heat every other 2 tsp oil within the same frying pan and cook mushrooms until all liquid is released and evaporated and they’re starting to brown slightly. Layer mushrooms over the sausage in the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle 1 cup grated cheese and 1/four cup sliced inexperienced onions over the sausage and mushrooms.
- At the same time as sausage and mushrooms prepare dinner, positioned cottage cheese into a satisfactory strainer, positioned strainer in sink and rinse cottage cheese lightly with bloodless water and allow drain properly.
- wreck eggs into a medium sized bowl or massive glass measuring cup, then beat with a fork until yolks and whites are nicely mixed. add Spike seasoning, drained cottage cheese, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and stir collectively.
- Then pour the egg combination over the ingredients in the casserole dish. Use a fork to gently stir so all components are lined with egg and well-mixed.
- Sprinkle the other cup of grated cheese over the top.
- Bake 30-35 mins, or till the middle is absolutely set and the top of the breakfast casserole is starting to lightly brown.
- Serve hot, garnished with extra inexperienced onions if preferred. that is additionally top served with bitter cream.
- Egg casseroles like this can be saved inside the fridge for as much as per week and reheated quickly within the microwave. Be careful not to microwave too long.