Crunchy, cheesy and loaded with delicious components, these Mexican pizzas are a short and smooth dinner idea!
Those delicious cheesy pizzas are so fun! I started out with the aid of making the equal ground red meat recipe i exploit for my favorite tacos. Then I fried the tortillas in a bit of oil (they get definitely crisp and live crisp, you may bake them too but it’s not pretty the identical) and patted them dry with a paper towel.
Subsequent it changed into time to layer. First became a layer of refried beans, then floor red meat, then a second tortilla, then enchilada sauce, then all the toppings like tomatoes, cheese and inexperienced onions (we even delivered sliced olives to a few too).
Pop them underneath the broiler for a couple of minutes until they get excellent and bubbly on pinnacle, after which revel in them instantly from the oven. You want to devour them while they’re nonetheless quite hot. The longer they take a seat, the softer they’ll get, and you need your tortillas to be fine and crunchy, so gobble them up speedy!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning OR my homemade recipe
- 2 tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
- 8 soft taco flour tortillas
- 1 (15 oz.) can refried beans
- ⅔ c. red enchilada sauce
- 2 small tomatoes, diced,
- 1 small block (8 oz.) colby jack cheese
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Optional Toppings:
- Sliced olives
- Green chilies
- Minced cilantro
- In a large skillet set over medium warmth, brown red meat and season.
- Meanwhile in a small skillet set over medium-excessive heat, upload the oil. Fry the flour tortillas simply until golden brown, transfer to a paper towel coated plate.
- Region 4 tortillas on a coated baking sheet. unfold tops with a layer of refried beans, then upload the taco meat. area the final tortillas over pinnacle, then spread with enchilada sauce and top with tomatoes, cheese, green onions (olives and green chilies if desired).
- Region into the oven and broil until the cheese is bubbly and begins to brown. do away with and garnish with cilantro, if preferred. Serve warm.