These Sausage stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are a delicious low carb dinner! A savory sausage tomato sauce topped with gooey, melty cheese on pinnacle of an umami portobello mushroom! Make this portobello mushroom recipe for dinner this night!
Ahhh, you men. these Sausage stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are my new favourite element, I’m now not even kidding. Portobello mushrooms make a top notch low carb dinner base. you recognize i really like the use of greens as a carb replacer like with these bell peppers or those bell peppers or all the spaghetti squash.
Ps, spell take a look at is telling me that “carb replacer” isn’t a thing? Um, I ought to disagree, carb replacer is completely a component, and these Sausage crammed Portobello Mushrooms are absolutely one in all them.
First you're making a scrumptious, savory, lip smacking sausage marinara sauce. then you fill a few stunning portobello mushroom caps with said sausage marinara. subsequently, you pinnacle with masses of mozzarella. Pop them in the oven until they get golden brown and bubbly.
- 8 Portobello mushrooms stems and gills removed
- 1 pound hot Italian Sausage ground
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes 1 can
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese grated
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- fresh basil for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 375 tiers F.
- Easy mushroom caps: do away with stems from mushrooms and use a spoon to scrape out the gills. arrange mushroom caps on a baking sheet, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set apart.
- In a saute pan over medium warmth, brown the sausage. remove from pan. add 1 tablespoon olive oil. when warm, add the onions and bell peppers, season with salt and pepper. Saute until they have launched their water and water has evaporated, and they're gentle and beginning to turn golden.
- Add the garlic and oregano, saute for 30 seconds. upload the crushed tomatoes. upload the sausage back into the pan, stir. Simmer for at least 20 minutes to let flavors combine.
- Spoon sausage combination into the mushrooms, pinnacle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or till cheese is melted and mushrooms are smooth. finish below the broiler for 1-2 minutes to brown cheese, if desired.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil if desired.