I whipped up this certainly smooth Skillet Pineapple BBQ chook, spooned it over some rice, and fixed a bit broccoli for the facet. I actually love skillet hen dishes due to the fact the browning action that you get in a skillet makes exquisite flavorful pan sauces with out the need for 1,000,000 elements.
This sauce combines candy pineapple, tangy BBQ sauce, and the savory fowl drippings for a to-die-for sauce. So clean and scrumptious, so little needed. that is an appropriate clean weeknight dinner!
I’ve had a component currently for awesome thinly sliced clean jalapenos, so I delivered those to the dish at the cease, however they are absolutely non-obligatory if you don’t need a spicy dish.
Also, you could definitely do that with chook breasts in preference to thighs. I do propose pounding the fowl breast to a fair thickness first to assist them cook dinner evenly (You don’t need the end to get hard and rubbery earlier than the thick component chefs thru).
1 Tbsp cooking oil
6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2.3 lbs.)
Pinch Salt and pepper
20 oz. can Pineapple slices in juice
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 jalapeno (optional), sliced thinly
2 green onions, sliced
- Warmness a big skillet over medium. once warm add the cooking oil and swirl to coat the floor. at the same time as anticipating the skillet to warmth, season both facets of the hen thighs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once the skillet is hot and the oil is shimmering, add the hen thighs and cook till golden brown on each aspect and cooked via. take away the cooked fowl to a clean plate.
- Whilst the bird is cooking, drain and reserve the juice from the canned pineapple slices.
- After eliminating the bird from the skillet, turn the heat all the way down to low and upload about 1/2 cup of the reserved pineapple juice. Stir to dissolve and loosen the browned bird bits from the bottom of the skillet. as soon as everything has been loosened from the skillet, upload the BBQ sauce and stir till a thick sauce bureaucracy. taste the sauce and add salt if wanted. if your sauce gets too thick, simply upload every other splash of the reserved pineapple juice.
- Upload the cooked hen thighs and pineapple slices to the skillet, dredging each aspects within the pineapple BBQ sauce. Spoon any extra sauce over the hen.
- Adjust your oven's rack so that the skillet will be about 6 inches from the broiler unit and turn the broiler on to excessive. switch the skillet to the oven and broil for approximately 5 minutes, or simply till the BBQ sauce caramelizes on the edges of the chook and pineapple. if you don't have an oven secure skillet you can switch the hen, pineapple, and all the sauce to a casserole dish for broiling, or pass the broiling step and revel in as is.
- After broiling, sprinkle the sliced jalapeno and green onion over top, after which serve.