A healthful Southwest Quinoa Salad with zesty lime vinaigrette. This bloodless quinoa salad may be made ahead for meal prep lunches or dinners.
Quinoa is a wonderful base for salads as it soaks up the flavors of the dressing and seasonings till it is extra flavorful. This southwest quinoa salad has crunchy purple bell pepper, candy corn and black beans. The flavors of chili and lime make the best southwest dressing!
I love to make a batch of this salad on Sunday and then devour it for lunch during the week. It’s filling and further tasty with guacamole. I divide it into man or woman meal prep packing containers for seize and cross lunch portions.
Quinoa is one in all my preferred superfoods due to the fact the tiny seeds comprise so much nutrition. Quinoa consists of all of the critical amino acids, which makes it a whole protein. This makes quinoa a wonderful source of protein in vegetarian meals.
For the salad:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup quinoa well rinsed and drained
- 1 3/4 cups low sodium vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup canned corn drained
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 4 green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
For the lime vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- guacamole or avocado if desired
- Warmness the two teaspoons olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium warmth. add the garlic and saute till fragrant, stirring, about 1 minute. add the quinoa and vegetable broth (or water) and bring to a boil. reduce the warmth, cowl, and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed, approximately 12-sixteen minutes. remove from the warmth.
- At the same time as the quinoa chefs, prepare the lime vinaigrette. In a small bowl or jar, combine the dressing elements. Whisk (or shake in a jar with a lid) until nicely mixed.
- Switch the cooked quinoa to a large bowl and stir inside the corn, black beans, bell pepper, inexperienced onions and cilantro. add the dressing and stir gently to mix. taste and regulate seasonings as vital.
- Serve salad heat or bloodless, with guacamole or sliced avocado if desired.