Marsala wine and mozzarella cheese got together and decided to bypass the traditional chook marsala at the menu, alternatively upping the ante with a buttery pan seared hen & mushroom dish called hen Lombardy. It sounds fancy, however you’ll soon find out it’s shockingly simple. It’s the high-quality use of both wine & cheese in a unmarried recipe!
Firstly, this dish offers me an excuse to prepare dinner with wine. Wine is extraordinary for relaxing & enjoying, but it’s even better while used to cook dinner with a meaty dish. I’m a sucker for a good recipe that includes wine. I provide no apologies both- wine makes virtually any dish’s taste thing exponentially higher.
Plump fowl breasts are sliced in half, duration clever, and dredged in flour. They’re then browned in a hot skillet with melted butter, and set apart to wait on a plate.
The butter and browned bits are whisked together with a aggregate of broth & marsala wine to deglaze the pan. This mixture’s left to simmer, thickening barely. A cornstarch slurry’s stirred in to certainly allow it thicken right into a hearty sauce.
- 8 oz pkg sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch + 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Reduce every chicken breast evenly in 1/2, lengthwise. one at a time, region a bit of hen in between sheets of heavy obligation plastic wrap. the use of the flat facet of a meat mallet, flatten the breast out to a 1/four" thickness. Repeat for all the pieces of chook.
- Soften the two tablespoons of butter in a big skillet over medium heat. upload inside the mushrooms and saute for 3-5 mins, or till tender. do away with the cooked mushrooms to a waiting plate or bowl, and set apart.
- Add the flour to a flat plate. Dredge every piece of bird in it, ensuring there is an excellent coat.
- In the equal skillet you cooked the mushrooms in, melt tablespoons of the last butter. upload pieces of chicken, and up the warmth to medium excessive. let the chicken cook till nicely browned on one side, turn and repeat. switch the browned breasts to a ready plate.
- Upload another tablespoon of butter to the skillet, and brown another two breasts. Repeat the stairs until all of the fowl is browned, and all transferred to the waiting plate.
- Stir the broth and wine into the drippings within the skillet, whisking to deglaze the pan and rise up all those yummy browned bits. Season with salt & pepper. convey the aggregate to a boil, then lessen the heat and simmer for five mins, or till thickened slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the corn starch and water to make a slurry. Whisk this into the skillet sauce, and allow it simmer every other 1-2 minutes- until well thickened. cast off the skillet from warmth, and set aside.
- Switch the fowl breasts to a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish, overlapping a piece if essential to healthy all of them. spread the sauteed mushrooms frivolously out over pinnacle.
- Pour the sauce evenly out over pinnacle of the chicken. Then sprinkle the cheeses lightly out over top, followed by the sliced green onions.
- Bake the prepared chicken at 450 tiers for 15-20 mins, or until the cheese is melted and slightly golden brown. cast off the dish from the oven, and serve right now.