A scrumptious spin on a conventional breakfast recipe that can feed a crowd with minimum work and effort. packed with decadent flavours, put together our French Toast Casserole in a single day or bake it proper away!
Golden, caramelized toasts on the outside; creamy soft and pillowy on the interior with the best cinnamon syrup in every mouthful. all the flavours of your favourite French toast made easy in a baking dish? yes, I’ll take it!
No dipping or flipping or frying, comfort food doesn’t get any higher than throwing it inside the oven. imagine a dish complete of warm and custardy French toast on a Sunday morning.
It doesn’t get any less difficult to make a warm French toast casserole when you’re yearning a traditional French toast without the paintings. You don’t even need maple syrup to serve it with…it has its very own!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 loaf thick sliced bread about 2-inches thick, (1.4 lb or 650 g loaf)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk (full fat or 2%)
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, kiwi fruits, pineapple, bananas or any other fruit to serve.
- Gently grease an oven safe 9"×thirteen" baking dish (22 cm x 33 cm).
- Soften butter in a small pot over low warmness. (as a substitute, melt in a microwave secure bowl in the microwave in 15 2d increments, stirring in between, until melted.)
- Upload 1 cup brown sugar, mixing nicely to combine. (If at the range, permit simmer for 1 minute to slightly dissolve the sugar.)
- Pour combination into organized dish and unfold out to calmly coat.
- Beat together eggs, milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- Integrate ultimate brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Arrange bread in a unmarried layer over the butter/sugar aggregate within the dish.
- Pour 1/2 of the egg wash over bread. pinnacle with half of of the brown sugar/cinnamon.
- Arrange final bread slices over the pinnacle. Pour over last egg wash and top with remaining brown sugar/cinnamon. lightly press bread into the egg wash to make sure slices are flippantly soaked.
- Cowl tightly with foil and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to take in the custard combination, or in a single day for the nice consequences
- Whilst geared up to bake, take the dish out of the fridge 20 minutes before baking (if it's been in overnight) to get the relax out.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (a hundred seventy five°C).
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. discover and keep baking for a similarly 15 mins.
- Pinnacle with icing/powdered sugar. Serve with the syrup from the dish.