This clean peasy on the spot Pot French toast casserole can be made with brioche, challah, or French bread and is drizzled in a delicious cinnamon-kissed custard. To makes matters even more irresistible, it’s crowned with a candy praline disintegrate and drizzled with vanilla icing for a cinnamon roll french toast vibe we’re head over heels captivated with!
This instantaneous Pot french toast casserole makes a great (and impressive) most important dish breakfast, brunch, and even brinner in case you’re a breakfast food fiend like myself!
Instead of dipping and cooking each slice of french toast on its own and slaving away inside the kitchen while agency is over, this scrumptious french toast chefs suddenly, casserole-style, in a creamy custard of eggs, milk, cinnamon, and sugar.
Because I’m all about the toppings, I took my french toast to the next degree via including a praline fall apart topping and a sweet vanilla icing on pinnacle, giving it a total cinnamon roll vibe that i can’t get sufficient of!
- 1 pound stale brioche challah, or french bread (see notes)
- 6 large Nellie's Free Range Eggs
- 1 + 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8-1/4 tsp orange zest (optional but delicious!)
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP cream cheese, softened
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh fruit
- maple syrup for drizzling
- This recipe works quality with stale or dried out bread - see notes under if you want to dry out fresh, fluffy bread to make this tasty french toast casserole!
- Prep a 1.five quart spherical oven-safe baking dish. save you sticking via spraying with cooking spray (avocado oil is my preferred) or rub the interior of the dish with butter. optional: reduce a circle of parchment paper to line the bottom of the dish for extra clean elimination. <-- I do this and adore it!
- Reduce bread (crust covered) into 1-inch cubes and upload to a massive bowl. Set apart.
- In a medium bowl, integrate eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and orange zest. add 1/eight tsp of zest for just a trace of taste and 1/four tsp for an additional burst of orange taste. Whisk till blended.
- Pour egg mixture over cubed bread and mix to ensure bread is calmly covered. Pour into organized dish.
- To make the praline topping (optional but soooo excellent) integrate the elements and mix well the usage of your arms until texture is nearly sandy and paste-like. Sprinkle on top of the casserole.
- Cowl your baking dish with foil (to prevent condensation while cooking) and region the dish on top of a handled trivet. My immediate Pot came with one but in case you simplest have a normal trivet you could make your very own deal with out of folded sheets aluminum foil! Pour 1 cup of water into the internal pot of the pressure cooker and lower your baking dish into the pot at the trivet.
- Lock the lid and set to twenty-eight mins high pressure. ensure positive valve is in the sealed role.
- Whilst the casserole cooks, make your icing. using a hand mixer or a whisk and some muscle electricity, mixture together softened cream cheese and butter till creamy. mix in powdered sugar and vanilla and season with a teeny pinch of salt. combination nicely and feel loose to feature a further 1/four tsp of vanilla if you'd like more taste!
- As soon as the on the spot Pot beeps, brief launch the pressure with the aid of flipping valve to venting role. get rid of dish by lifting through the dealt with trivet the use of dish towels or gloves (it gets hot) and set aside. take away foil
- For a crisp topping, feel loose to place casserole within the oven and broil on high for 3-4 minutes, watching very closely to prevent over-toasting or burning. that is definitely optional however it has an first-rate texture if you may spare a few greater mins! top casserole with icing and dive in with fresh fruit and maple syrup for drizzling.