This easy selfmade Pound Cake is a recipe that you’ll need to hold! It’s an easy pound cake loaf made with all butter. learn how to make this clean pound cake from scratch.
Did you already know that pound cake is simple to make from scratch? This simple butter pound cake loaf is wet and rich, with a beautiful crumb.
I really like making this easy homemade pound cake recipe from scratch because it tastes so top, and it impresses absolutely everyone. I’ve been instructed it’s the great pound cake recipe, and i’m biased, but I wholeheartedly agree.
Due to the fact all butter pound desserts have such simple flavor, I constantly bake them from scratch so i'm able to use the excellent ingredients. grasp the quality butter, the quality eggs, and the best vanilla extract you could find for this smooth pound cake.
- 1 cup unsalted butter - slightly cooler than room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs - slightly cooler than room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoon quality vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C. Line a 10-in x 5-in loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a small cup, mix together the evaporated milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl, and cream together on medium speed until very pale and fluffy. Stop and scrap down the bowl as necessary. It should take about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add in the eggs, one at a time. Beat each egg into the butter mixture before adding the next one.
- Alternate and mix in the dry and wet ingredients, starting and finishing with the dry ingredients. In other words:
- Add in 1/3 of the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Pour in 1/2 of the evaporated milk mixture and beat until just combined.
- Add in 1/2 of the remaining flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Pour in the remaining evaporated milk mixture and beat until just combined.
- Add in the remaining flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top with a spatula so the batter is even. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Remove from oven and allow the homemade pound cake to cool in the pan on a cooling rack for at least 20 minutes. You can allow the pound cake to finish cooling in the loaf pan completely. Or to speed it up, transfer the pound cake to the cooling rack to completely cool.
- You can enjoy this easy homemade pound cake the day it is baked, but for the best flavor, allow it to sit overnight.