Is there any better manner to start the day than sausage, egg, and cheese? Take it to the following stage with this English Muffin Breakfast Pizza recipe!
I loved making breakfast, no longer most effective as it offers me a peaceful manner to wake up and enjoy my coffee as slowly shake off my catatonic country, but because it's far decadently delicious! A hearty breakfast platter together with some aggregate of sausage, eggs, and cheese is the high-quality comfort food to begin the day. in case you add in southern style sawmill gravy and English cakes you've got what can be the best breakfast comfort meals ever!
When delivered to a toasted English muffin topped with egg, sausage and cheese, it nearly tastes buttery. if you are not at ease making an ideal batch of sawmill gravy yourself, “a way to make sawmill gravy” for certain commands so that you can nail it on the primary try! if you need to cheat and buy sawmill gravy, or use a mix packet, that is high-quality too.
The recipe I created for you consists of breakfast sausage, since it is had to make the sawmill gravy. but, you may without problems replacement Francis Bacon in case you decide upon that rather. And, properly, on the grounds that it is technically pizza, experience unfastened to go crazy and upload whatever toppings you decide on.
- 1 Package of English Muffins
- 8 Eggs
- 1 lb Breakfast Sausage
- 8 oz Mild Cheddar Cheese thin sliced
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup sausage drippings add butter if you don't have enough drippings
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- Cook meat in cast iron pan until well done. Remove from pan and pour off all but 1/4 cup of fat.
- To the meat drippings in the skillet, add the flour. Cook and stir over medium heat 5 to 10 minutes or until mixture starts to turn golden. (This burns away the raw flour flavor which must be done before liquid is introduced)
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook gravy until it boils and thickens.
- Lightly toast English Muffins in toaster while making gravy.
- Scramble eggs in a non-stick skillet, add a small dash of milk to make them fluffier, if desired.
- Turn oven broiler on high and assemble pizzas on baking sheet.
- Add sawmill gravy to the open faced toasted English Muffin then top with scrambled eggs, slice of cheese and sausage.
- Toast under broiler until cheese is bubbly and melted.