This smooth keto cheeseburger casserole is hearty and filling and makes a amazing low carb opportunity to a cheeseburger. You received’t leave out the bun!
This casserole is a amazing option if you follow a keto or a low carb weight loss plan. You get all of the awesome flavors of a cheeseburger, with out the soggy, spongy bun.
I absolutely like casseroles. They’re simply so easy. You vicinity some components inside the casserole dish, vicinity it within the oven, and 30-60 mins later, dinner is prepared!
In case you’d like to show this keto cheeseburger casserole right into a whole meal, you can add 1-2 cups of raw riced cauliflower to the meat and onion and prepare dinner the entirety collectively. you may need to growth the olive oil a little in case you do.
- Olive oil spray for the baking dish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (6 oz)
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt (not fine salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup unsweetened ketchup
- 1 tablepsoon mustard
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar, divided (6 oz)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with olive oil.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the beef and the onions. Cook, stirring to break up the beef, until the meat is browned and the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- If there are liquids at the bottom of the skillet, drain the mixture and return it to the skillet.
- Stir in the kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring, 1 more minute.
- Turn the heat off. Stir in the mayonnaise, unsweetened ketchup, mustard, and 1 cup cheddar.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through, about 15 minutes. Or, if your baking dish is broiler-safe, broil the casserole 6 inches below the heating element (not directly below) until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes.